A competitive two-year cohort program that expands on health professions, student education and training. Students participate in two in-person, 1.5-day summer institutes in addition to completing an underserved health experience. The 2018 AHEC Scholars Program is affiliated with the East Central AHEC office in Gibson City, Illinois, and will host the summer institutes at a to-be-determined location in the eastern Illinois/Urbana-Champaign region. Additional work throughout the two-year program is completed by AHEC Scholars through distance-based learning.
Visit www.ncrhp.uic.edu and www.ahec.rockford.uic.edu for more information on student health professions programs.
The following documents are required for consideration for all programs*:
- Completed on-line application
- Personal statement (800-1,200 words) that should address why you are interested in learning about:
- Rural community development
- Rural health care
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Current curriculum vitae or resume.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty instructor or academic adviser.
Your application and support materials can be completed and submitted online with supporting documents uploaded in PDF (.pdf) or Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format.