A competitive two-year cohort program that expands on health professions, student education and training. Students participate in two in-person, 1.5-day summer institutes in addition to completing an underserved health experience. The 2018-2019 AHEC Scholars Program is affiliated with the East Central AHEC office in Gibson City, Illinois, and will host the summer institutes at a to-be-determined location in the eastern Illinois/Urbana-Champaign region. Additional work throughout the two-year program is completed by AHEC Scholars through distance-based learning.
Visit www.ncrhp.uic.edu and www.ahec.rockford.uic.edu for more information on student health professions programs.
The following documents are required for consideration for all programs*:
- Completed on-line application
- Personal statement (800-1,200 words) that should address why you are interested in learning about:
- Rural community development
- Rural health care
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Current curriculum vitae or resume.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty instructor or academic adviser.
Your application and support materials can be completed and submitted online with supporting documents uploaded in PDF (.pdf) or Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format.